The Australian Beechcraft Society is a group of Aviation enthusiasts with over 160 members Australia wide. Members include pilots, owners, instructors, student pilots, aircraft maintenance and avionics personnel and in a lot of cases, their families. It also has strong links with the American Bonanza Society.
Being a nationwide organisation, the Society uses a cloud based software package (Revolutionise) to communicate with members. A printed Magazine is also produced twice yearly.
Current Committee Members
|• James Cherry – President||• James McDonald – Maintenance|
|• David Porter – Vice President||• Adam Blennerhassett – Membership|
|• Peter Janssen - Treasurer||• Debbi Smith - Events/Fyaways|
|• Tracey Porter - Secretary||• Michael Stillwell - Past President|
The Society is extremely active in pilot safety and airmanship. It conducts Pilot Proficiency Programmes and Service Clinics (BPPP) bi-annually for Members. For new members, access to the American ABS online BPPP online Ground School Course is included as part of the Membership. This is an extremely worthwhile Course for all pilots and a pre-requisite for first timers participating in the Australian Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program.
Other benefits available to members are:
- Offers support and advice in respect to Technical Information, AD’s, Maintenance matters and Safety updates.
- Can assist in the purchasing/ selling, aircraft and sourcing or selling parts and equipment.
- Offers an extensive Social Program with fly away’s to various locations across Australia each year and overseas to Noumea and New Zealand.
- Provides a host of information in respect airstrips, accommodation and activities from the many members who have flown extensively across Australia.
- Undertakes formation flying events and schools for endorsements.
For all of those who share a passion with Beechcraft Aircraft the Society offers a range of excellent resources which includes Pilot Safety and Airmanship, Social events and Technical information so why not join up?